Monday, February 18, 2013

Days of the week and Colours (18th January 2013)


Today I begin teaching Days of the Week and the girls seem to have poor spelling skills and do not remember the order right. I teach them a song that includes Sunday to Saturday to aid them memorizing. Next, I want to know how far they know about colours. The older girls have good knowledge about colours while the younger ones don’t. I give them coloured papers and we try out some origami; folding the papers into boat, plane, hat, dogs and cats. I also offer some stickers if they remember any songs that I have taught them and most of them are interested.

I have drawn a lot of finished animated drawings today. Every single kids demand a drawing of boy and girl from me. Honestly my hands feel a bit numb and bored doing similar things over, and over, and over again. But I am glad and delighted that they like my drawings. By the end of the day, I told the kids that this Sunday 20th I will be transferred to Catholic Girl’s Home. They look sad and a bit emotional. They tell me they do not like me leaving.

No comments: