Monday, February 18, 2013

Watching Tamil Movie (8th February 2013)


Amara serves me triposha in the morning; the best ones I ever had. This statement might be bias though. She is so motherly; I love her so much. :’)
Today the girls ask me to play a DVD (Tamil movies with Sinhala subtitles) in my laptop. One of the girls buys the DVD and sneaks in to watch it in my room. The DVD is indeed collection of thriller and horror movies. They are really scared the auntie supervising the Girl’s home will find out. In the end they finish watching 2 out of 4 films.

I have started writing letters for 25 girls, and 3 of the aunts and this requires massive dedication. Each letter has different content about what I feel about them and I also express my gratitude for the experience in Sarana. I only have 6 days left in Anuradhapura and I think I have done quite much thus far. My works in Sarana has became a routine: helping them doing their English homework, daily conversation, formal teaching about thrice per week, spending most of the time pampering the little ones, showering them with care and love, sharing secrets, etc.

One thing I realize that one in two days I have been drinking at least a gulp of tap water. The girls serve me a glass of water but not all of them know I can not drink tap water. These days I do not have problems with my bowels hence I think I am immune to drinking tap water now?

No comments: