Monday, February 18, 2013

National Day and Weird Symptoms (4th February 2013)


I could not sleep at night- feel very itchy around my hand and feet. I realize that small skin-coloured spots are appearing as well. Two days ago I got a headache and mild fever at night but having itchiness as a symptoms makes me think that I might be contracted with debilitating and fatal disease- can be Dengue Fever, Filariasis, etc. I really hope this is just an allergic response (but I do not think that I have food allergy). In the afternoon I go to the doctor and he said that at least 3 days of incubation period is necessary to detect the presence of dengue in our blood stream. The doctor gives me 3 types of tablet for itchiness which are meant to be taken thrice a day. He also advices me to take panadol or paracetamol if I still get a headache. The cost added up to 300 rupees (~ US $ 3), which I think is ridiculously cheap. So I’m coming back to the doctor tomorrow for a blood test. On my way home, I buy a mosquito sprays as there are at least 5-10 mosquitoes in the bathroom every time I take a shower. It is very uncomfortable and I am scared if these vectors carry some nasty microorganisms and parasites.

The kids in Sarana seem to be worry about me. However, a number of them get a severe flu and fever; and once a few kids are recovered, the others show signs of infection. They sleep close to each other in a big room. No surprise if the disease spread swiftly. For the past few days the weather also gets a bit colder. I do wish them a speedy recovery.

No comments: