Monday, February 18, 2013

Buying souvenirs in Colombo (15th February 2013)


Interns from Egypt arrange a trip around Colombo from 10am in the morning till late evening so I can shop and buy some souvenirs. They bring me to various kind of interesting places which sell hand- made art and craft, various kinds of tea (Sri Lanka is proud of their tea industry!), scented soaps and candles, etc. Today is a heaven for me that I get to buy various types of teas: dry leaves, organic leaves, powdered ones, etc. Amongst them, the organic green tea leaves is my all time favourite. And I also bought the ‘silver tips’ which is the finest tea type in Sri Lanka. I am a tea addict and I really can not wait to taste them once I reach home! J

The Egyptian interns gave me a letter and a memento from Egypt. I am really glad and blessed that I meet a lot of nice people from various parts of the world. Around 10 pm my TN manager came to the intern house to send me off since my flight is on 16th at 1.30 am. I gave him some small gift for his parents as I remember that they served me some meals during my first day in Sri Lanka. I really appreciate their kindness. When I ride the taxi, I was flabbergasted that he shed some tears. With a flustered tone I asked him why did he cry, and he said that he felt sad that I was about to leave; I am a nice and good girl who did not complain at all about the project. I admit that I am a calm and reserved type of a person, not high tempered and a very logical mind when facing any kind of challenges. These aid me to make a wiser decision and to solve problems better. I saw myself as a not-so-lucky intern amongst all others, but again I feel grateful that I meet very nice people who will always stay in my heart, I am safe, never starving, and loved by people around me.

with Emma from China

Farida, me, Malith (TN Manager), Hend, Omar

No comments: