Monday, February 18, 2013

Food (19th January 2013)


Saturday is a break day from school and hence I do not want to teach them too much. Today I teach them about food, and introduce a song about food. Again, doing my routines- drawing for each kids, and making some messages in their diary. We play some games as well. After lunch, the younger kids present some dancing to a group of adults as an expression of appreciation and gratitude. I think they are the Sri Lankan people who aid these children by providing free dishes and some basic needs such as stationery, etc voluntarily.

Entrance door

Living room

Head Principal of Sarana

The founder of Sarana

Library

Library
Ruwani shows me my room in the orphanage and she tells me that this Sunday I do not have to move to other orphanage. Well I really do not know whether I’ll be transferred and the person responsible organizing this project will solve the issue tomorrow. But I’m fine with either. Sarana has their no-electricity problem solved, and they have prepared a bedroom for me to stay. Maybe it’s a bit too fast to leave these kids.

One I reach the temple, accompanied by 2 girls of Sarana, one of the female monk tells us that there is a female monk coming from overseas. I spoke with her briefly and she says that she comes from the US. I’m flabbergasted as I hardly see a Caucasian monk. This is the first time in my life.

No comments: