Monday, February 18, 2013

Occupation (22nd January 2013)


I want the kids to have motivation in their studies, and hence I ask them to draw themselves as to what they want to be in the upcoming future. Various career options are mentioned, which is doctor, nurse, lawyer, Sinhala teacher, dancing teacher, maths teacher, etc. None of them mentions they just want to be a housewife, which I think is good.

We interns are invited to Global Village festival by AIESEC which will occur early in the morning on January 28th. The celebration takes place in Colombo, I have to travel another exhaustive journey around 5 hours. In addition, I also have to prolong my visa since the current one is valid for 30 days only, whereas my stay in Sti Lanka will be a total of 5 weeks. One of the interns from China, working in Anuradhapura is hospitalised, she has fever and is not sure whether she would be joining the festival. I am supposed to go together with her since we are working at the same town Anuradhapura, but we have different projects and are not staying together. Environmental changes must have spiked her immunity. Hope she gets well soon. I am glad that I have quite a strong antibody, maybe due to frequent exposure of travelling back and forth between the countries.

No comments: